WELCOME!

Come share my passion of international dishes. I constantly am trying new and different types of food and welcome you to participate. The dishes range from various restaurants to home cooked meals. I say try everything at least once. How else are you going to know if you like a dish unless you try it. Welcome to Dining With Mark!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lunch at Target

Every day my co-workers have some sort of comment about my lunch.  I currently work at Target and most of the time I work early shifts, usually 6 am to 2:30.  Why might you ask do my co-workers comment on my lunch?  Well it’s because I don’t usually eat the traditional lunch, like a sandwich or fast food or eat at the traditional time.  Some people laugh or joke about my meals, but it doesn’t bother me any. 
Waking up before the crack of dawn, I make the quickest lunch possible and hit the door running.  The fastest meal for me to make is leftovers.  Depending on what we cooked throughout the week the leftovers available are enormous.  Today, I had a T-bone, baked potato with sour cream, corn and green beans.  While everyone else is just now starting work, here I am with plates, silverware, and various sauces eating a steak.  My TL Greg pokes fun of me all the time and the executives are always saying that I stink up the break room with wonderful smells and others just flat out tell me they are going to steal my food.  One time someone actually did steal my food.  Needless to say, I was devastated when it came time for lunch.
Most of the comments are pleasant and humorous, but I received hell last week when I heated up fish.  The smell stunk up the entire break room for several hours.  This happens at my house too whenever my dad cooks up fish.  I promised the whole team that never again would I bring fish to work.  They were ever so grateful!  Well between the playful banter and good food, I have to say that I can hardly wait for lunch time at work.      

No comments:

Post a Comment