WELCOME!

Come share my passion of international dishes. I constantly am trying new and different types of food and welcome you to participate. The dishes range from various restaurants to home cooked meals. I say try everything at least once. How else are you going to know if you like a dish unless you try it. Welcome to Dining With Mark!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Family Tradition

Hey there! You probably don’t know this, but on my grandma’s side of the family they are 100% Italian.  My Great Grandparents lived somewhere in Northern Italy, where most Italians are fare skinned. Ever since I was little it has always been a tradition to visit my grandparents every Sunday.  Well, as my brother and I got older, our schedules became more hectic.  This weekend I had off, so I decided to join them for dinner at my grandma’s favorite Italian restaurant, Andiamo's.  I’ve always thought that my grandma’s home cooked meals outranked any dish I have ever had at this place, but in her old age she prefers to dine out rather than cook.
Now, my mom, dad, and brother really don’t like Andiamo’s.  It is way over priced and the food is not all that good. After each visit, my family will complain the entire way home about how awful their meal was or how poor the service was.  In my opinion, the food isn’t all that bad; there are a few dishes that I enjoy.  This weekend I ordered the Bistocca Di Costa Alla Fiorentina, which is a large porterhouse broiled and served with Zip Sauce and vegetables.  I also put onions and mushrooms on top.  This was the first time I had their famous zip sauce, and to tell you the truth it wasn’t half bad. 
My family can’t bring themselves to tell my grandma how much they despise that place.  Given my experience, I would rate it about 2 stars for numerous reasons.  First, even with reservations it took us over 45 minutes to get a table and there were tables everywhere!  Second, half our dinners were cold by the time we got it and third, the food was mediocre at best!  To this day, I prefer Olive Garden over Andiamo’s; yet, every Easter or at my grandma’s request we all dine out at Andiamo’s.
So that’s my view toward Andiamo’s, but don’t just take my word.  Many people really like Andiamo’s, while others hate it.  You can find an Andiamo’s Restaurant located all over Michigan and the U.S. Here is a link to what others have posted about Andiamo’s

No comments:

Post a Comment